Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sick kids

Can someone explain to me how my kids get EVERY fricking virus/bug/illness out there?


My children:
-- wash their hands
-- eat foods from a variety of food groups (including fruits and veggies)
-- take a multivitamin
-- get exercise
-- live in a clean and safe home environment (even if it sometimes does not meet my standards...see next post)
-- do not share foods and beverages with others (95% of the time)

Yet they have gotten every big virus so far this year.  Bri had whooping cough (no shot, she is allergic), Spud started school off with a concussion (which lead to a variety of absences), and now they have some unknown thing.  It **looks** like strep, but Spud's initial test came back negative and I have yet to hear about the 24 hour culture (waiting for the office to open).  Spud current has a throat so swollen, I am surprised he can eat anything, a temp that bounces between normal and 100, a double ear infection, headache, stomach ache, and has started coughing. O.o  Bri has a sore throat, headache, stomach ache, exhaustion, body aches, and overall icky feeling.  Spud went to Urgent Care on Sunday, and Bri has an appointment today.

What in the hell am I doing wrong???  ARGH!  I am not getting sick, and I usually catch everything...it is odd.  Hubby is only getting some of these things, which lead me to believe it is all coming from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment