Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kids

The kids are doing well.  As with all kids, there is always SOMETHING going on.

This weekend Bri had her birthday/spring party the night before May Day.  We will not be doing that again.  It was fun, the kids were excellent (best group of teens ever!) but I need way more than 5 hours of sleep to function without getting ill.  There was one snafu on May Day with one of her friends who stayed over, but that got resolved.

Spud has been doing well.  We have started the process of educational/behavioral evaluation at school. This is what it must look like in his head.


He has a song in his heart every day, and often has problems keeping it from erupting out of his mouth during school.  Add that to the fact that he can't seem to focus or use self-control to finish his work in a reasonable time, and you have a concerned teacher and concerned parents.  His first Pediatrician visit was simple.  We talked about the problem, and she said she will have to have papers filled out and other stuff done.  He could be gifted and bored, or have something like ADHD.  His eldest sister(K) is very smart, and her ADHD did not get diagnosed until she was in the 4th grade.  Those were difficult years, so I hope to be able to get ideas now, so he does not suffer like she did.  He is doing excellent in school.  His reading is terrific, his reading comprehension is amazing, he loves math and does a great job on everything but Timed Math.  His handwriting is messy, but we are working on that.  He loves school and loves his teacher.  He is super sweet and friendly.

Miss Panda is squirming like crazy most of the time now.  She had one day last week where she freaked me out, but my best friend helped me relax and not worry about it.  Yay for best friends with Doppler things!  Woot!  If the morning sickness could go completely away, I would be thrilled.  Threw up so hard today, I pulled an ab muscle and it is killing me.  Argh!  I am planning a nap for very soon so I can try to feel better.  It is not like I have a ton to do with the modified bed rest stuff going on.  Only so much old TV I can watch before my brain melts. (Finishing Angel and Buffy, and considering restarting The X-Files.)

<3

1 comment: